These are quotes from Famous people which have been elaborated by me. Each inspiration is followed by a poem written by me followed by an elaboration. The pictures are Taken from the internet and the blog has no commercial implication.

Excelsior

Whilst we converse with what is above us, we do not grow old, but grow young.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Poem Inspired by Paul Schluter
I may  be a slow walker
But I never walk backward
The steps that I take
Are to go onward or upward.


My firm and sure steps onwards
Is fueled by my divine dissatisfaction
I attribute my urge to go even higher
To faith in progression not subtraction.

I believe in aiming at the sun
But I may never hit the mark
But I still shoot higher than
People shooting in the dark.

I imagine over looking the clouds
Can feel the bliss with my eyes blind
And complacency can never quench
The sacred thirst of my ambitious mind. - Vasant Khisty



Excelsior is a brief poem written and published in 1841 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The poem describes a young man passing through a town bearing the banner "Excelsior" (translated from Latin as "ever higher", also loosely but more widely as "onward and upward"), ignoring all warnings, climbing higher until inevitably, "lifeless, but beautiful" he is found by the "faithful hound" half-buried in the snow, "still clasping in his hands of ice that banner with the strange device, Excelsior!"

Previous
Next Post »

I Inspire

Hi There are times when inspiration can lift up a person and times when criticism can kill a person. I have chosen to inspire people through my poems and songs which are original. These are built upon quotes by great people and these songs and poems have no commercial implication. Any one is free to read them and use them as inspiration i believe should be free for all. So please read them and get inspired.

vasant