These are quotes from Famous people which have been elaborated by me. Each inspiration is followed by a poem written by me followed by an elaboration. The pictures are Taken from the internet and the blog has no commercial implication.

Jesus or Krishna

“My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.” (John 18:36)

"…if you are killed (in the battle) you will ascend to heaven. On the contrary if you win the war you will enjoy the comforts of earthly kingdom. Therefore, get up and fight with determination… With equanimity towards happiness and sorrow, gain and loss, victory and defeat, fight. This way you will not incur any sin." (The Bhagavad-Gita)


There are times while I am undergoing strife
I look for divine answers for how to lead my life
Between two different options my mind sways
One is Jesus path and the other is Krishna way.


Jesus says forgive and I shall show you the light
Krishna says avoid battle but win if you must fight
Walking Jesus path I suffer now for the future bright
Krishna preaches if fighting is your duty then fight.


Chanakya preaches that don’t be very perfect
It is the straight trees are the first one to get cut
At times I tend to believe when I am discouraged
It’s not the crow it’s the cuckoo which gets encaged.


There would be many answers to these queries
To ride through this life you have different ferries
Just believe on your instincts and act or react
It is God who manages your instinct and that’s a fact- Vasant Khisty

Born Christian and exposed to the Krishna philosophy of duty, I tend to ponder on which way is right. If I follow Christ way then I need the courage to get hit on both my cheek, to be beaten to death, or robbed or raped, or I project my courage by reacting to the unfavorable actions of others.


Do I suffer here for the promise of sitting on the right hand of Jesus, or I take control of my life here and defend my body, my dependents and my rights.

It is ironic to note that the Christian following nations have fought war to get independence and a Hindu Nation India chose the path of peace and tolerance to get independence.


There has been situation where my natural instincts and responses have acted.There are situations where I defended my self and where I let go. I feel, when confused we should trust our instincts which I feel represent Gods will.
Previous
Next Post »

I Inspire

Hi There are times when inspiration can lift up a person and times when criticism can kill a person. I have chosen to inspire people through my poems and songs which are original. These are built upon quotes by great people and these songs and poems have no commercial implication. Any one is free to read them and use them as inspiration i believe should be free for all. So please read them and get inspired.

vasant