These are quotes from Famous people which have been elaborated by me. Each inspiration is followed by a poem written by me followed by an elaboration. The pictures are Taken from the internet and the blog has no commercial implication.

I never knew how to worship

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.-Henry Ward Beecher


I don't know how to worship                    
And I don't know to sing his praise
I only know how to love him
And how to hug and embrace.


I don't know how to light a lamp
But I do know how to wash his feet
I don't go to any retreat or camp
But I yearn to meet him and greet.


I don't know the meaning of the hymns
and I don't know the meaning of prayers
I just know to love him in my dreams
With hands folded and eyes full of tears


I search for you oh Lord here and there
Like a mother for her baby every where
Though I have never taken a communion
But I look forward for your union.


If you understand my love oh lord
I will look for you on my bed side
I wish to breathe my last  oh God
With you sitting on my head side.- Vasant Khisty

I believe that God appreciates love more than the rituals. I believe that we need to search for God with the same intensity as we search for a lost child. God understands your love. I believe to work with attention to God like a mother works the whole day with her attention towards her baby in the cradle. I don't believe in the mindless reading of Scriptures but to have a communication with God the almighty. These are my personal views which are inspired by the Sufi Philosophy.
Previous
Next Post »

3 comments

Write comments
July 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM delete

dear vasant, very meaning full poem, regards ,rakesh

Reply
avatar
July 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM delete

Thanks Rakeshji for your encouragement. More such poems will follow

Reply
avatar

I Inspire

Hi There are times when inspiration can lift up a person and times when criticism can kill a person. I have chosen to inspire people through my poems and songs which are original. These are built upon quotes by great people and these songs and poems have no commercial implication. Any one is free to read them and use them as inspiration i believe should be free for all. So please read them and get inspired.

vasant